Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania facts are some of the important things to note and know about Ngorongoro Conservation Area as you plan on visiting on Ngorongoro Crater safaris any time of the year. There are so many facts about Ngorongoro Conservation Area that are worth knowing, opening one’s anticipation of the Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania, one of the most beautiful places in the world that you would ever visit.
The Ngorongoro Crater is one of the seven natural wonders of Africa, and one of the 10 natural wonders of the world that has been recommended as a must tourist destination for any Tanzania and Africa safari tour. the Ngorongoro Crater is the largest inactive caldera in the world, filled with well over 25000 wild animals which when viewed from the crater rim may seem empty but is actually filled with a variety of animals that you shall enjoy sighting a variety of animals while on Ngorongoro Crater game drives.
Listed as a UNESCO world heritage site, the Ngorongoro Crater is a beautiful safari destination filled with loads of animals and scenic beauty that shall satisfy your Africa safari desires and anticipation. Below are some of the Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania facts worth knowing;
- Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania is the best destination for viewing black rhinos in the wild. There are over 20 black rhinos in Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania and probably in the rest of Africa and the world. While most other Tanzania safari destinations have the African big five game, they usually don’t have rhinos or harder to see.
- The Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania has well over 25000 animal species in the wild, including more than 20 black rhinos, over 60 lions, loads of zebras, wildebeests, among so many others.
- One of the amazing facts about the Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania is that giraffes cannot be found in the Ngorongoro Crater because of the steep nature of the terrain, but can otherwise be found in the greater Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- The Ngorongoro Conservation Area has more pride per capita than anywhere else in the world, making the Ngorongoro Crater one of the best places to see lions, including large pride of lions.
- The Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania has beautiful landscapes which blends perfectly with the wildlife in the area, making it one of the best and most beautiful Tanzania safari destinations.
- The Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania is sometimes also referred to as the Garden of Eden especially because of the dazzling beauty of the crater and an animal paradise.
- The Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania is a birding paradise with well over 500 bird species tht roam the area. Ostriches, Kori bustards, secretary birds among so many others are some of the birds in Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania that travellers can see while on Ngorongoro Crater safaris any time of the year.
- One of the amazing facts about Ngorongoro Conservation Area is that it also hosts the great migration, especially in the calving season in the Ndutu area, north of Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- The Ngorongoro Crater is one of the protected areas which inhabits not only animals but also humans in the wild, living co-existent with the animals in their natural habitat.
- It is also a fact that the Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania was where the Oscar-winning movie Out of Africa was partly filmed.
- Notable persons have visited the Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania, including persons like Prince William, Bill Clinton, the Queen of Denmark, among so many others.
Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania is one of the best places to visit any time of the year, for an amazing Tanzania safari tour. The Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania is a beautiful Tanzania safari destination perfect for game drives, walking safaris, among so many other activities that travellers can enjoy.
The Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania can be visited solely, with 1 Day Ngorongoro Crater Safaris possible. Travellers can spend even more than just one day in the crater, having an opportunity to enjoy other activities in the park like guided walking safaris, visiting the Ol Duvai Gorge, visiting the Cultural Bomas, among so many other activities that you can do in the park.
Travellers also have an opportunity to visit other destinations like the world famous Serengeti national Park for the great wildebeest migration and more, Tarangire National Park, Selous Game Reserve, and Ruaha National Park among so many others. Travellers can also chose to combine their Ngorongoro Crater Safari with a Zanzibar beach holiday. Get in touch with a reputable tour operator to help you pitch together an amazing Tanzania safari tour to visit the Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania.