6 Days Tsavo and Ngorongoro Wildlife safari
6 Days Tsavo and Ngorongoro Wildlife safari is a detailed itinerary for a safari in Kenya and Tanzania to different attraction sites which include a city tour in Nairobi city followed by a trip to the land of man-eating lions in Tsavo west national park and a visit to Ngorongoro conservation area to engage in wildlife viewing experiences as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights of 6 Days Tsavo and Ngorongoro Wildlife safari
- Day 1; pick up and night in Nairobi
- Day 2; drive to Tsavo west national park
- Day 3; Full day in Tsavo west national park
- Day 4; transfer to Arusha
- Day 5; drive to Ngorongoro conservation area
- Day 6; departure
Day 1; pick up and night in Nairobi
- pick up and night in Nairobi: Your guide will pick you up from the airport and you will have a short briefing about your 6 Days Tsavo and Ngorongoro Wildlife safari. After your briefing, you will have a city tour around Nairobi city to get to know the rich history and culture of the Kenyan people.
- You will visit different places around the city to see its diverse and urban places such as the Nairobi national museum, the local market among other places around Nairobi. You will proceed to your hotel where you will check in as you prepare to have your lunch. You will also have a visit to the snake park and later return to your hotel for dinner and to spend the night.
Day 2; Drive to Tsavo west national park
- Drive to Tsavo west national park: You will start your day with breakfast at your hotel before checking out of the hotel. You will continue your drive to Tsavo west national park which is the home to the famous man-eating lions. You will have a game drive after checking in at your lodge in the national park and having your lunch.
- During your game drive, you will see wildlife species such as elephants, buffalos, rhinos, zebras, warthogs, kudus, giraffes, antelopes among others. You will also enjoy the beautiful scenery as you are driven in the wilderness of the national park and enjoying the sunset. You will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight after your evening game drive.
Day 3; Full day in Tsavo west national park
- Full day in Tsavo west national park: Breakfast will be served at your lodge before you continue for a morning game viewing experience to see the different wildlife and bird species which can easily be spotted and they include leopards, cheetahs, lions which are some of the predators in Tsavo west national park. Other wildlife species that can be seen in this national park during a game drive include impalas, gazelles, elands, zebras, elephants, dik-diks, buffalos, giraffes, rhinos among others.
- You will return to your lodge for lunch after your morning game drive and also have some rest. Another game drive will be in the evening and you will look out for wildlife species as you enjoy the sunset and the scenery around as you drive through the acacia woodlands and savannah grasslands. Dinner and overnight will be at your lodge after your evening game drive.
Day 4; transfer to Arusha
- transfer to Arusha: On the fourth day of your 6 Days Tsavo and Ngorongoro Wildlife safari, you will have your breakfast at your lodge in Tsavo west national park before checking out of the lodge and resuming your journey to Arusha. You will have an en-route game viewing experience to see the various wildlife species in the national park as well as bird species.
- You will proceed to Arusha via the Marangu border where you will clear with customs before proceeding to Arusha where your guide will drive you to your hotel for check-in at your hotel for your dinner and overnight.
Day 5; drive to Ngorongoro conservation area
- drive to Ngorongoro: After breakfast and checking out of your hotel in Arusha, you will continue your drive to the Ngorongoro conservation area for more wildlife viewing experiences. You will explore the Ngorongoro crater after you have enjoyed your lunch then you will proceed to descend into the crater as you enjoy the beautiful scenery around you and visit the different attractions such as Lake Magadi which is found at the center of the crater and is known for having big numbers of flamingos that can be seen along the shores of the lake along with other bird species.
- You will also see wildlife species as you are driven around the Ngorongoro conservation area and these include elephants, lions, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, warthogs, zebras, wildebeest, waterbucks, antelopes, kudus, giraffes, buffalos, rhinos, hippos among others. You will return to your lodge after this experience for your dinner and overnight.
Day 6; departure
- departure: On the last day of your Tanzania safari, you will have breakfast served at your lodge and then you will check out of the lodge. You will be driven to Arusha where you will be dropped off at your preferred location which will mark the end of your safari.
End of 6 Days Tsavo and Ngorongoro Wildlife safari
The safari and tour prices below include
- All-day game drives as per sample itinerary
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Animal tours according to your itinerary preferences
- Private 4-wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Professional safari and tour guide/driver
- All national park fees
- All meals on the safari
- All game viewing activities specified
- Price quoted per person sharing
The safari and tour prices below exclude
- Drinks and mineral water
- Items of personal nature
- International and local airfares
- Airport taxes Any airport transfers & hotel accommodation before / after the safari
- Entry visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities