3 Days Lake Manyara safari
3 days to Lake Manyara is a safari that starts with an experience of visiting different places in Arusha followed by a cultural experience in the town of Mto wa mbu on the second day and finally a wildlife viewing experience in Lake Manyara national park known for its tree-climbing lions as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights of 3 days Lake Manyara safari
- Day 1; pick up and night in Arusha
- Day 2; a visit to Mto wa Mbu and evening nature walk
- Day 3; morning game drive and drive to Arusha
Day 1; pick up and night in Arusha
- pick up and night in Arusha: Your guide will pick you up from the airport and you will be briefed about your 3 days safari. You will proceed to drive around Arusha to your lodge where you will check in and relax in the comfort of your lodge.
- You will later have a guided city tour to get an experience of life in the busy streets of Tanzania and to also visit different places in Arusha such as the local market, the museum, and art and craft shops among others. Dinner and overnight will be at your hotel.
Day 2; Visit to Mto wa Mbu and Evening nature walk
- Visit to Mto wa Mbu: After breakfast at your hotel in Arusha, you will be driven to the Masai town of Mto wa Mbu for a cultural experience. During your interaction with the local community, you will engage in a variety of activities such as traditional dance performances, listening to folk stories of the Masai and their nomadic way of life, you will also visit the manyattas which are the traditional houses of the Masai.
- Evening nature walk: You will continue your journey to Lake Manyara national park where you will have your lunch after checking in. You will have a guided evening nature walk in the savannah plains of the national park to get a close encounter with the wilderness and to enjoy the beautiful sunset and the scenery around which is habitat for different wildlife and bird species that can be seen grazing in the nearby plains. You will return for your dinner and overnight which will be at your lodge.
Day 3; morning game drive and drive to Arusha
- morning game drive: The last day of your safari will start with breakfast served at your lodge before checking out and continuing for your morning game drive in search of wildlife species which include tree climbing lions, giraffes, zebras, buffalos, hippos, antelopes, leopards, gazelles, impalas, baboons among others. You will also see different bird species in the national park especially around the shores of Lake Manyara.
- drive to Arusha: Your guide will drive you back to Arusha at a location of your preference which will bring your 3 days safari to an end.
End of 3 days Lake Manyara safari
The safari and tour prices below include
- all day game drives as per sample itinerary
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Animal tours according to your itinerary preferences
- Private 4-wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Professional safari and tour guide / driver
- All national park fees
- All meals on the safari
- All game viewing activities specified
- Price quoted per person sharing
The safari and tour prices below exclude
- Drinks and mineral water
- Items of personal nature
- International and local airfares
- Airport taxes Any airport transfers & hotel accommodation before/after the safari
- Entry visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities