2 Days Safari to Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater
2 Days Safari to Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater is a breathtaking short adventure for visitors with a short period of time or a tight schedule. During your 2 days safari which will start and end in Arusha, you will be able to explore the amazing wildlife areas in the northern safari circuit that is Tarangire national park which is famously known for harboring large herds of elephants, other animals like wildebeest, hartebeest, waterbucks, buffaloes, lions, colorful bird species, magnificent baobab trees and Ngorongoro conservation area where you will explore the Ngorongoro crater which is the world’s largest unfilled volcanic caldera that offers great views of wildlife species including animals such as the big five mammals (lions, leopards, buffaloes, elephants, black rhinos) and other animals like zebras, wildebeest, elands, gazelle, cheetahs, hyenas, impalas, among others.
Highlights of the 2 days safari to Tarangire and Ngorongoro crater
- Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Tarangire national park and have an afternoon game drive
- Day 2: Transfer to Ngorongoro crater for a morning game drive and departure to Arusha
Day 1 of the 2 days safari to Tarangire and Ngorongoro crater
- Pick up and transfer to Tarangire national park, on the first day of the 2 days safari you will have breakfast at your hotel and be picked by your driver guide to start the journey to Tarangire national park in northern Tanzania. The journey takes about 3 to 4 hours drive and on the way you will have great views traditional homesteads, beautiful landscapes and upon arrival you check into the lodge and have an early lunch. After lunch you will meet up with your driver guide to go for an afternoon game drive in the park where you will be able to spot large herds of elephants under the baobab trees, buffaloes, giraffes, gazelle, waterbucks, zebras, bushbucks, different tree and plant species, birds among others. After the game drive which takes about 4 hours you will drive back to the lodge for an evening relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Transfer to Ngorongoro crater for a morning game drive
- Morning game drive: After an early breakfast on the second day of the 2 days safari you will check out of the lodge and meet up with your driver guide to transfer to Ngorongoro crater for a morning game drive. Ngorongoro crater is the worlds largest unfilled volcanic caldera that is 610 meters deep and covers an area of 260 square kilometers, the crater was formed when a large volcano erupted and collapsed on itself and its know for harboring abundant wildlife species including animals like elephants, buffaloes, impalas, warthogs, zebras, rhinos, predators like leopards, hyenas, lions, cheetahs, views of different bird species, beautiful scenery among others. After the game drive you will have lunch at the hippo pool and later drive out of the crater to transfer to Arusha town where you will be dropped at the airport for your departure flight or dropped at any place of convenience.
End of 2 days safari to Tarangire and Ngorongoro crater
2 days safari includes
- Pick up and drop off in a 4WD safari vehicle
- Services of a professional driver guide
- Park entrance fees
- Full board accommodation
- Vehicle and fuel
- Bottled water
2 days safari excludes
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.